Work from home is the norm now for us, so let’s look at the important things that we all need to know when we hop on a conference call on Skype, Slack, Teams, Zoom or Hangouts.
- 1/2 an hour before the call, check if you have the link or need to download any software.
- Open the link 10 minutes before and check your mic and headphones.
- Go into a private room without light sources behind your back.
- Always use headphones.
- Mute your microphone, when you don’t talk.
- If you screen share, scroll and point slowly. People have a hard time following you.
- Don’t interrupt others while they talk, it’s rude and they don’t hear you.
- If you need a FREE tool, use zoom.com.